JL's World: Chocolate, friends and happiness...

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Chocolate, friends and happiness...

So I am getting ready to head out for a long long walk with Ben and my neighbor and her two kids....
we are heading to a place called Cafe Balsalu - let me tell you - their chocolate crossants (sp?) are too die for. Our other neighbor, and friend, gave us each a gift card - so this is free. That way I can still honor my committment to "no paying for extras" this week... I gave what I could to the Red Cross. It wasn't much - but I can sacrifice starbucks, etc for a couple weeks. I also am making a committment in my yoga classes to ask people to think about those victims of Hurricane Katrina. We can all be so wrapped up in our own worlds, I just want my students to take a moment to think about our community - no matter whether they are next door or a plane ride away.
I love my friends = Erica for walking with me today, Jen for a surprise visit yesterday, Karen, for her awesome blog entry today, Lara for my gift card ;), and well so many more...
I love my husband, well, just because... He always rushes home to make sure I get to do all my extra curricular. He is awesome
I love Ben, well because.....

2 Comments:

  • At 9:09 AM, Blogger Karen said…

    and you call yourself a friend? now I am craving a chocolate croissant!

    p.s. I am digging your blog!

     
  • At 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Finally - Karen beat me to reply. :)

    Not paying for extras is a great way to keep others in mind. Every little bit helps.

    I am jealous of having so many good friends close by you. I moved away from all my croissant and coffee buddies. You made me smile thinking about them, though.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home