THE SNACK SCHEDULE???!!!
it all started out bad... last night. Really, I got into a fight with my poor DH because he had to rush home for me to go to the meeting. I rushed out the door and the meeting just felt tense from the get-go. All of the parents have done coop before and have certain feelings of how it should be done. Well, to make a long story short, one mom, who was VERY vocal and seemed really angry the whole meeting ended the meeting by asking me (really rudely) Aren't we going to sign up for the snack schedule. I said " actually the person assigned to do the Calendar will assign the snack schedule." I closed the meeting - she came running up to me yelling... "well, when I did this coop four years ago, the Chair had a SIGN UP for the snacks AT THIS MEETING. Why didn't you do that? I mean you are going to assign it?! that doesn't seem right. I said, "well, I was just going by the guidelines I was left. but I am happy to try it your way." She kept saying "FORGET IT, FORGET IT!" and scoffing at me. UGH! I mean really, What is wrong with people - it is a FUCKING snack schedule! FOR A PRESCHOOL! Of course, over-sensitive me, started bawling when she walked away and I asked the teacher if I could PLEASE not be the Chair. I have put in so much work already and I cannot stand being treated like crap! It is a volunteer position, I mean for crying out loud - I was an Executive Television News Producer - why do I let these people get to me????!!!!!


4 Comments:
At 2:49 PM,
Karen said…
I hate her.
I'm sorry JL.
At 7:28 PM,
TQ said…
i'm sorry too JL..IF you continue being the chair..I would deliberately ignore her.
At 7:32 PM,
Ashleigh said…
Big hugs!
At 9:36 PM,
Bek said…
That sucks. I guess I'm too much of a smart ass. I'd have been tempted to say (just before I calmly walked away and broke down into tears in private)...
"We WERE going to let people sign up - but so many parents complained about the horse shit that you brought last time, that this seemed a happier alternative."
Hang in there! Sorry it was rough!
Post a Comment
<< Home