JL's World: Another Yoga Lesson

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Another Yoga Lesson

... this time from G.

At work, the top trainer (who is 25 years old and about 5% body fat) decided to test the body fat of all the trainers. I said no. He said, "Jl we all need to be held accountable, right?"
I agreed to do it.

I am horrified. I bawled right then and there. I cannot believe I am BY FAR the oldest fatest trainer. I know this may seem lame to all of you... but I have battled my weight for the last 10 years and I was starting to feel really good about it... then this. Not only do I feel like sh*t, but now everyone knows and is questioning how often I work out... seriously.

I came home that night from work, and cried. G said to me "JL, you know what I always loved about you doing yoga? It is about accepting you as you are, prioritizing the right goals, being content, happy."

Geez, G does not even practice yoga, never has, and he can teach me basic yoga lessons. G always brings me back to reality. The numbers do not matter. I know that.
Just needed G and yoga to remind me.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:48 PM, Blogger TQ said…

    Is there a weight/body fat requirement? or just the expectation that you are good at what you do? I'm thinking its the latter and shame on the top trainer for getting off focus...
    Good for your husband for reminding you what its about :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home