JL's World: From Baby to Big Boy

Monday, September 12, 2005

From Baby to Big Boy

This is a big week for B (and of course, me). First up, this morning he had an evaluation with his speech therapist. B has been going to speech for a year now and thanks to working with the therapist and myself, he has come a long way. He will still need to be tested by the school department, but in this evaluation today, the therapist was encouraging. She told me " I scored a test from B's work and he is testing at between two years seven months and two years eight months for his expressive speech." I added up in my head and said - "Wait, that is what he is - two years and seven and a half months." she said - "right, he is testing right on target!" So the therapy worked. B is even with his peers when it comes to speech - yippee! I feel like we have worked so hard to get here - and it was all worth it. What a great day.
Tomorrow we head to preschool Granted we did go to coop preschool last year. But it was one day a week, and I was always there. This year, Preschool is twice a week... and eventually, B will go once with me and once without me. I think that will be harder on me, than him ;)
My baby is growing up so fast. I cannot believe it. Oh, and within the last week, he PEED on the POTTY - for the first time. Wow. I know, spoken like a true mom - but isn't my kid awesome :)

3 Comments:

  • At 12:07 AM, Blogger Bek said…

    Yup - you kid IS awesome, and so is his mom. :-) Congrats on the speech progress! That's fantastic! I hope he has fun in preschool!

     
  • At 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    WTG, Ben! I hope you both enjoy preschool. (Ben, beat up the snotty mom's kid..OK? :))

     
  • At 7:26 PM, Blogger Ashleigh said…

    Right on Ben!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home