JL's World: Working Woman

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Working Woman

So after nearly four years as a SAHM, I am going back to work. That is, working more than the three hours a week teaching yoga ;) I am officially now a Trainer/Yoga teacher.
Here is how it all shakes out:

The Good:
*I will be able to still put B down to a nap, and be home for his late bedtime (Dh will handle bedtime routine, I will just swoop in for the sleep :))
*I think I can do this job - I felt good at the training and I think I can be excited and motivate people into fitness
*The pay is not too bad (not huge money - but not bad for doing something I like)
*There is HUGE potential for growth in the company for someone like me. I could (if I work hard and am good at this) someday become a club manager making over $100K a year. A district manager makes almost $300K a year.
*They will work around my yoga teaching so I will work some hours as a personal trainer, some as a yoga teacher - in the same day.

The Bad:
*I had to take my nose piercing out. Boo Hoo. All that work for 6 months. And all that money! Now I REALLY am getting another tattoo in June. We cannot show any tattoos either... but since my tattoo is on my lower back - that is not a problem.
*I am working 6 days a week
*I will miss nearly every evening with B now.
*I will not be able to go to dinners with Friends anymore - since I work nearly every nite.
*I am by far the oldest trainer at this gym
*My body fat % is 25% - on the VERY high end of Ideal. (Need to work on that!)
*Some young punk cringed when I was at the front of the room getting my body fat checked and they pinched the skin above my hip. I said "Dude - I had a Baby! I am 10 years older than you!"
(His body fat % was 11% - ASS!)


Okay - I start on monday... I will keep you all posted.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:28 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    JL, I don't know how you did not smack that guy. Ass indeed.

    I hope it goes well! Sorry to hear you had to remove your nose piercing. Will it grow back or will you be able to keep it?

    Good luck today!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home