JL's World: Boston... My kind of Town

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Boston... My kind of Town

We are back!!! What a fun trip too! B was so amazing... an easy travel kid for sure. This is great news because I love to travel! :)
Following will be a day by day account with pics: yippee!
Wednesday - Travel - 3.5 hours on one flight, then 3 hours or so on another. B did great. Brought lots of toys and treats, and of course a portable DVD player - Phew!
Thursday: Kerry and her son took B and I to the Boston Children's Museum. Yes, I am from Boston, but I do not recall ever going to this museum. The world is so different once you have kids, I guess. Anyways, the museum was so amazing. Like 5 floors of fun!
Above... B is looking out one of the windows at the beautiful Boston skyline. Below B and Kerry's little guy are playing in an awesome water fun area of the museum!

Then, the museum had a full sized pretend grocery store. B and D shopped like crazy! Doesn't it look real???!
After that, both B and D took naps and I was able to chat a bit with Kerry. I love her so much. I miss not seeing her everyday... but we are used to it I guess. She is still an amazing mom, wife, business woman, and friend. She inspires me.

Friday, Kerry and I had a very ambitious plan for the four of us - especially considering we had a two and three year old - but here goes.

First up - a trip to the Public Garden. This is B and I with the pond and the Prudential behind us.

Then, also in the Public Garden.... I used to live in a building facing the Garden. And I always saw mom's taking pictures of their kids on the "Make Way for Duckling Statues." I love that book so much. My mom even gave me the book when I graduated from college. I always thought someday, I would take pictures of my child on the Ducklings... and well, my dream came true. When B saw the statues... he hugged the momma duck and said "Momma, it is Mrs. Mallard!" Aw, I love my kid!!!

From the Public Garden we went to the NE Aquarium. B loved that too. It is a classic - that place, I have always loved it.
We all went out to lunch, then took the subway - cause let's face it - it is a train!!! The T is the greatest public transportation I have ever experienced in any city I have lived in!
After the Train (subway) we walked through the Boston Common, walked by the ice skaters and saw a little park - B posed with a frog statue.
Course, he had a little breakdown after this huge smile.. but it was a lot to put into one day. WE went back to Kerry's house, the boys napped... then for dinner I got us all the famous East Coast Pizza... YUM.

The next picture is out of order... we will come back to this train one... just follow me :)

Okay - Saturday - My sister Kim and her town kids P and S came to pick B and I up at Kerry's we went back to their house and hung out... here is me, B and their litttle doggie: Princess.
We talked a lot. After b's nap and s's basketball game... we had a nice dinner together - just remembering old times.
Sunday - look at pic up above... the steam train. We all ventured out in the cold to go to the EcoTerrium. A place with animals and lots of fun things... it is really close to my sister's house. They had a steam train there - it was a 20 minute ride through tunnels... past some animals. It was great fun... and a highlight for B.

B napped after that - we ordered food and ate together again. Got in our PJs and took this cozy snapshot:

We left the next morning... then had two four hour flights back home to Seattle. B was amazing again on the plane... really a breeze.

What a great trip. Thank you so much Kerry for flying us home... and entertaining us. Kim and kids... thank you so much for everything...

we love and miss you all already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home