Weighty Issues...
Okay, confession time. I am feeling really obsessive about my weight.
I am one of those people who has to work EVERY day to stay thin.
You know those people who, thinness comes naturally... the ones who
can eat a whole pizza every day and they wouldn't gain an ounce...
yeah - not me.
My whole family is over weight. Really. I was really over weight about
five years ago. I have always been athletic and thin - but well, age caught up to me.
Then I took a long hard look at myself and changed. I lost 40 pounds. It took me
nearly 8 months. But I have kept it off ever since. (except when I was pregnant, of course) :)
anyways, I did not work at being thin over the holidays... so now I am paying the
price. I gained three pounds. I know, I know - you will say - no biggie, JL, it will
go away. But I am crazy over it. I am. I am so fixated I weigh myself all the time.
I do not have a big problem I assure you all. Really just look at me - you know
that - But I have a threshold and when I am over it - boom... I am nuts.
I even gained another pound. WHAT? I gained when I have eaten less and exercised more.
WTF???!!!!
OKay- Tell me I am lame - I know - I just had to vent.
thanks for reading.
I am one of those people who has to work EVERY day to stay thin.
You know those people who, thinness comes naturally... the ones who
can eat a whole pizza every day and they wouldn't gain an ounce...
yeah - not me.
My whole family is over weight. Really. I was really over weight about
five years ago. I have always been athletic and thin - but well, age caught up to me.
Then I took a long hard look at myself and changed. I lost 40 pounds. It took me
nearly 8 months. But I have kept it off ever since. (except when I was pregnant, of course) :)
anyways, I did not work at being thin over the holidays... so now I am paying the
price. I gained three pounds. I know, I know - you will say - no biggie, JL, it will
go away. But I am crazy over it. I am. I am so fixated I weigh myself all the time.
I do not have a big problem I assure you all. Really just look at me - you know
that - But I have a threshold and when I am over it - boom... I am nuts.
I even gained another pound. WHAT? I gained when I have eaten less and exercised more.
WTF???!!!!
OKay- Tell me I am lame - I know - I just had to vent.
thanks for reading.


2 Comments:
At 8:49 PM,
Anonymous said…
Honey, you look great. I am probably in the minority for saying this, but if I were at your weight I'd obsess to stay thin, too. Plus, your job requires a bit of it. :) You make you happy and as long as you don't get whacko, and maintain a healthy attitude... go for it.
At 7:27 PM,
Unknown said…
You do look wonderful, just like Jen said. But I know what it's like to obsess about the weight, and you can do that whether you're 3 or 300 pounds overweight. We all have our limits. Don't make yourself crazy and just know you can do it - you've definitely proven that!
Post a Comment
<< Home