JL's World: Ode to Chai Tea

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Ode to Chai Tea

Chai Tea: so spicy and yummy. This tea from India is full of tasty flavors; cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, clove. It is filling, almost like a dessert. You can drink it so many ways too!
Plain tea = zero calories. Tea with a little honey - less than 20 calories. Tea with Fat free milk (my personal favorite) - as a Chai 'skinny' Latte = not sure the calories as we move forward but whatever it is - it's worth it! Chai Soy Latte. I have heard you can do a Chai Eggnog Latte too - they do it all here in Seattle.
Did you know there is now a Chai Tea Diet? You can loose 4-7 pounds in one week. All you have to do is drink Chai (plain) before each meal... after you have smelled it for 30 seconds and poof! you loose the weight. Well, that is what I read :) Maybe I should do that since I have gained about 5 pounds over the holidays. :)
You can even plan a whole day around a Chai Tea Latte. Really! Okay, my car is in the shop and I needed to be creative... Here is how it went:
Pic above - I bundled B up and we went out for a walk. It is cold and rainy here in Seattle - but what the heck right? I need to get rid of those 5 pounds ;)
Next we walked 1.5 miles (b in stroller) to a place in town I call "The Bluff." It overlooks the Ocean... and let's face it Seattle is Beautiful!

Here is B running around at the bluff. (we are getting to the Chai - I promise) Then off another mile to my favorite Coffeeshop: Caffe Fiore. See how Cute?
I realized my frequent user card was all full from Caffe Fiore... so I got a FREE CHAI 'Skinny' Latte. WOOT! B and I sat on those cute chairs and talked and played and I savored my tea. B had some peanutbutter crackers, milk and a sip of the famous Chai. His response: 'Spicy momma!' You Bet sweetie!
B got back in the stroller (he knows this routine by now) and said "go to the playground mommy?" Well, off we went - another half mile to the playground. B loves to walk and balance on the wall around the park. :)

We wrapped up - got packed up into the stroller. I took my last sip of Chai and we walked the last half mile home.

Thanks Chai!

2 Comments:

  • At 8:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Chai is going to be 'my' drink for 2006. I am bored with everything else. I made homemade chai twice. Once, it turned out awesome; the second time, a disaster.

     
  • At 7:04 PM, Blogger mrsf1231 said…

    I like me a good chai some days. just gotta go for something different some days.
    sounds like a perfect day.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home