JL's World: A few days before Christmas

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

A few days before Christmas

I am really getting excited for the holidays. I am extra excited for B. That is the best part of having kids - you get to relive all the excitement!!
There are so many fun things in the city to do this time of year. The other night, DH, B and I all went down to the Seattle Center... they have an ice rink set up and a carousel. See B above on the horsey... pretty cool!!
Today since there is no preschool, I took B back to the aquarium - as he says "to see some fish, mommy!" It was pretty busy - but we zipped through. Then since B asked for a cheeseburger last night for dinner - and we had time left on the meter - I decided to take B out to lunch. We went to Red Robin. See pic. We shared a gourmet Cheeseburger and a few fries and even a vanilla shake. I love hanging out with B - he is so much fun.

When we got home - I realized I needed another Christmas gift for a friend. If you need a last minute - cheap (maybe even free) gift - that is really nice - what I made IS PERFECT!

I found two empty little jars and made two homemade spice mixes:

Mediterranean Salt Blend:

1 cup Kosher salt

1 TBSP basil

1 TBSP marjoram

2 TSP Black Pepper

1 TSP Rosemary

1 TSP Thyme

I mixed that together - made a cute label and put a nice bow on it! Voila!

Next:

Moroccan Salt Blend

1 Cup Kosher Salt

1 TBSP papricka

2 TSP Cumin

1 TSP cinnamon

1/4 TSP cayenna pepper

1/4 TSP ground ginger

I had all the ingredients in my cabinet. I added a nice bottle of wine - in a cute basket... there you go - beautiful Christmas gift!

I hope it helps some of you :)

Merry Merry!

3 Comments:

  • At 8:36 AM, Blogger Karen said…

    those are great pics JL. The christmas gift you made sounds fabulous! What a great idea.

     
  • At 8:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh JL you are such an awesome mommy!

    Ashleigh

     
  • At 11:23 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I love that pic of B on his carousel horse. :)

    Gourmet cheeseburger sounds good right about now...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home