Another Friend Highlight: Karen
I have a few special Karens in my life... but this time I am talking about the friend I refer to as "Kenzie's mom." I do that so DH will know which friend I am talking about ;)
When I moved to Seattle, I was so worried about making friends. First of all, it was a new place. Second of all, I would not be working full time here. Third of all, I was pregnant and none of my other friends were. I got online - found a pregnancy message board and Karen found me!
She set up a meeting and we hit it off right away. Karen was my first true Seattle friend.
Within the first year of our friendship, Karen provided me with a place to live - when I found out there were rats in our house!! With a Newborn baby. Oh, Karen had a newborn too.. but she still made room for me in her house.
Before we had our kids, Karen provided her house for me to teach yoga classes to a half a dozen pregnant women - allowing me to finish my yoga teacher certification.
Since then, I have learned so much about Karen. She is literally brilliant. Honest, she is. She is beautiful. She is sweet, maybe to a fault. She is an amazing listener and keeps track of the little details of your life. She doesn't just blow smoke either. When she disagrees with you - she will tell you. She challenges me to think of things a little differently sometimes. She has a great marriage and is the breadwinner for her beautiful family.
Karen is shy in groups, but so fun one-on-one. Karen inspires me in so many ways. I think this will embarrass her - but she is truly awesome and I love her.
When I moved to Seattle, I was so worried about making friends. First of all, it was a new place. Second of all, I would not be working full time here. Third of all, I was pregnant and none of my other friends were. I got online - found a pregnancy message board and Karen found me!
She set up a meeting and we hit it off right away. Karen was my first true Seattle friend.
Within the first year of our friendship, Karen provided me with a place to live - when I found out there were rats in our house!! With a Newborn baby. Oh, Karen had a newborn too.. but she still made room for me in her house.
Before we had our kids, Karen provided her house for me to teach yoga classes to a half a dozen pregnant women - allowing me to finish my yoga teacher certification.
Since then, I have learned so much about Karen. She is literally brilliant. Honest, she is. She is beautiful. She is sweet, maybe to a fault. She is an amazing listener and keeps track of the little details of your life. She doesn't just blow smoke either. When she disagrees with you - she will tell you. She challenges me to think of things a little differently sometimes. She has a great marriage and is the breadwinner for her beautiful family.
Karen is shy in groups, but so fun one-on-one. Karen inspires me in so many ways. I think this will embarrass her - but she is truly awesome and I love her.


3 Comments:
At 11:39 AM,
Karen said…
thank you, you made me smile. I love you.
At 2:57 PM,
Anonymous said…
ITA2!
At 7:18 PM,
mrsf1231 said…
so very true
Post a Comment
<< Home