JL's World: My Friend Jen

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

My Friend Jen

** First off, I think I have decided. I will reserve this blog for items all about me! The new blog, the one on MSN - that is private and only available to those I approve, will be all about B. So if you want in on that one - let me know! :)

Okay. now on to my friend Jen.

You know the phrase, "One door closes, another opens"?

Well, a year and a half ago, I had a bad experience with a new friend. I was totally burned. It hurt a lot. I love my friends like family. I invest my whole heart and soul in each relationship. So when they don't work out - It hurts me deeply. A year and a half ago - that new friend and I 'broke-up.'
Less than two weeks later I met Jen. What a gift! Now, I am so lucky, I have many many dear, important friends , whom I feel are truly family. But today I am just going to talk about Jen.

We got to know each other when we were on the board of our son's preschool coop. Immediately we hit it off. She is funny, smart, really deep, caring, dedicated, and pretty!
I loved her right away. We found out we have so much in common: She does massage and I teach yoga (similar in a holistic way) - we love photography - especially portrait photography, we love sports like cycling and triathalons, both our sons were slow to talk, both sons had sleeping issues, both sons had gagging issues with eating, we both love cranberry craze jamba juice, AND Orange Dream Machine :), we both love sushi! (Okay I convinced her of that), we both love the movies, Shallow Hal, Wedding Singer, Something about Mary, We dress is some of the exact same clothes, we both love the smell Vanilla... the list goes on and on.

Jen is a dear friend I will never take for granted. I love having her in my life. I love all the things we share, most of all - I love how 'easy' it is to be with her.
She is a true friend, and I thank God I found her :)

p.s. other dear friends - don't worry - your time will come on this blog - I promise :)

1 Comments:

  • At 3:05 PM, Blogger Jen and Heidi said…

    wow, what can I say???
    You left out the part about Ben and Luke loving eachother so much!
    That is the greatest gift.. teaching kindness and love to our kids.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home