Lots O'thoughts....
I am thinking of so many different things today... let's get started blabbing, shall we?
so B and I just went on a little morning outing... we ran errands and ended up at a park so he could run around. He was giggling a lot! Which is great since he had a horrible night's sleep (therefore so did I!) but he slept in until about 9am!!!! whoa... maybe no nap today. He loves his new train table - and is playing with that now. :)
In this holiday season, I often reflect on my life. Who doesn't right? Well, I have moved around a lot in my adult life. Each time, I have made amazing friends for life. Then each time, when I have to move away, it is so hard. I am so blessed with so many people in my life that I care deeply about... and who, I think, care deeply about me. Lots of people don't have that! I truly am blessed. Even if I do not talk to all those people who have touched my life so deeply, often, they are in my thoughts.
While we may be struggling a little this year for money - and we are a little uncertain about what our future holds - in my dear little family - I already feel great about what I have been able to do to help those less fortunate. I bring in food to the gym almost every time I go to teach yoga - they are having a food drive. Today, B and I went to this discount grocery store... and I bought three cases of food to bring in tonight - and it only cost me about $10. Now that is good.
Also, a woman I 'know' from a message board I have been going to for over three years had a devestating thing happen to her - her house burned to the ground. I went out and bought a few outfits for her son. He is about B's age. Again I only spent about $12 - but it hopefully will help - and let's face it - it makes me feel good!
Okay - I guess that is enough babbling for now. Thanks for reading!
JL
so B and I just went on a little morning outing... we ran errands and ended up at a park so he could run around. He was giggling a lot! Which is great since he had a horrible night's sleep (therefore so did I!) but he slept in until about 9am!!!! whoa... maybe no nap today. He loves his new train table - and is playing with that now. :)
In this holiday season, I often reflect on my life. Who doesn't right? Well, I have moved around a lot in my adult life. Each time, I have made amazing friends for life. Then each time, when I have to move away, it is so hard. I am so blessed with so many people in my life that I care deeply about... and who, I think, care deeply about me. Lots of people don't have that! I truly am blessed. Even if I do not talk to all those people who have touched my life so deeply, often, they are in my thoughts.
While we may be struggling a little this year for money - and we are a little uncertain about what our future holds - in my dear little family - I already feel great about what I have been able to do to help those less fortunate. I bring in food to the gym almost every time I go to teach yoga - they are having a food drive. Today, B and I went to this discount grocery store... and I bought three cases of food to bring in tonight - and it only cost me about $10. Now that is good.
Also, a woman I 'know' from a message board I have been going to for over three years had a devestating thing happen to her - her house burned to the ground. I went out and bought a few outfits for her son. He is about B's age. Again I only spent about $12 - but it hopefully will help - and let's face it - it makes me feel good!
Okay - I guess that is enough babbling for now. Thanks for reading!
JL


2 Comments:
At 11:34 AM,
Anonymous said…
Hey, Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy your time with sis. Love ya!
At 9:22 AM,
Anonymous said…
It is a great time of the year to reflect on what wonderful things have happened along the way in yor life. Even when things are up in the air, it is really great for us to be able to do the holiday traditions - they never really affect the purse... but they do wonders for your spirit!
Happy holidays, JL.
Post a Comment
<< Home