JL's World: Yoga with B

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Yoga with B

Last night I was watching B play with his trains and I was amazed at how many yoga poses he does just naturally... then I decided to take pics. Above: is Vrikshasana or Tree pose... look at that smile - too sweet. Yes that one I had to ask him to do - but he loves to do YO-DA (as he calls yoga)
this one - above you see kids do all the time. Malasana - Squat. But this pose adults in the West struggle with - seriously. Both feet forward - knees forward - heals on the ground. We all loose our flexibility. In other countries - people sit like this all the time. Eating dinner, watching a show. In the West, we have chairs... bummer. :)
and this one above is Baddha Konasana - Cobblers pose. Kid's hips are so open - this is a really comfortable pose for them.

So I am thinking of all different types of opportunities for me - workwise. I was thinking of the possiblity of opening a yoga studio and offering pre and postnatal, kid yoga and vinyasa yoga. It is a big undertaking and takes a while to make money... just a thought.
then I thought - the gym where I teach yoga now, will hire people with potential and pay for them to get certified and licensed as a personal trainer. I just emailed the head recruiter to ask about that. Maybe I will be a personal trainer and yoga teacher. If I am good at it, I could make a decent amount of money.
I also am thinking about getting licensed in Massage. It would take one full year of training and then I would have to pass the state license exam. But the school I want to go to costs 8-10,000. I am still paying for my 80,000 undergrad education in journalism... we will see what the future holds.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cute pics! Which school? I went to Brenneke. It was the hardest year, but totally worth it. Let me know if you ahve any questions.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home