JL's World: Thanksgiving...

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Thanksgiving...

As I have said, many times before, I have many things to be Thankful for... course, things are not perfect, but we are trudging through.
I remember so many Thanksgivings past. What a great time. EVEN with my family ! HA!
I had a great aunt - aunt ethel - who outfitted both my sister and I, along with herself as a Pilgrim. I think that was when I was six or seven. We all dressed up like that for a few years. Eventually, my sis and I gave up the costumes. But Aunt Ethel never did. So sweet. I miss her. She died when I lived far away from home - doing my first job outside of college. I couldn't even afford to come home for her funeral. But Aunt Ethel knows the impact she had on my life - I just know it. :)
My mom always made this hamburg stuffing. Sounds yucky - but oh so good. My DH will attempt that this year since my sister is coming to visit. And I can never get enough Butternut Squash. Ahhhh, heaven. My DH seriously gags at the sight of it... but he still makes it for me. Now that is love.
My sister will be here on Thanksgiving day. We will be able to spend some time together... talking, etc. I have not seen her in a year and a half!
The holidays are stressful, but really remind you of all the things that are most important. Not material things... PEOPLE.
People that matter in our lives. Okay, I really am blessed :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home