Ruby
It took DH and I nearly three years to conceive B. It was a long road of frustration and stress. Nearing the three year mark, DH and I talked about adopting a little girl from China. I knew we would be great parents... and I thought that would be the right way for us.
Well, along came B. Since then, I have still considered the adoption route.
There is a little girl in B's preschool, Ruby. Ruby was adopted when she was about a year old from China. I instantly bonded with her. She is smart, funny, sweet and so beautiful. Her mom is amazing and deals with all the challenges that come with adopting a foreign born child so amazingly well!
Today, Ruby had a really really hard time at preschool. Her mom told me she has been having a rough week... she is now two and a half... but still deals with abandonment issues... Understandably. Today Ruby was so sad. She doesn't like to be hugged or touched when she is sad either - totally different than B! so at the snack table, one of the other moms asked her if she wanted to read a book. Ruby said yes, but that she wanted me to read it to her...
I did and Ruby lost it... she cried and cried and asked when her mom was coming back. I asked if she wanted a hug from B and she said yes. B hugged her. Then Ruby collapsed in my arms and cried. I had to hold my breath so I wouldn't loose it. I love this little girl and she was so sad. I told one of the other parents to call her mom.
Her mom came in 5 minutes. Ruby was better. PHEW.
I do not think I could emotionally handle adopting a little girl from China now. I really wish I could. Really. But I am glad Ruby is in my life... even in a small way.
Well, along came B. Since then, I have still considered the adoption route.
There is a little girl in B's preschool, Ruby. Ruby was adopted when she was about a year old from China. I instantly bonded with her. She is smart, funny, sweet and so beautiful. Her mom is amazing and deals with all the challenges that come with adopting a foreign born child so amazingly well!
Today, Ruby had a really really hard time at preschool. Her mom told me she has been having a rough week... she is now two and a half... but still deals with abandonment issues... Understandably. Today Ruby was so sad. She doesn't like to be hugged or touched when she is sad either - totally different than B! so at the snack table, one of the other moms asked her if she wanted to read a book. Ruby said yes, but that she wanted me to read it to her...
I did and Ruby lost it... she cried and cried and asked when her mom was coming back. I asked if she wanted a hug from B and she said yes. B hugged her. Then Ruby collapsed in my arms and cried. I had to hold my breath so I wouldn't loose it. I love this little girl and she was so sad. I told one of the other parents to call her mom.
Her mom came in 5 minutes. Ruby was better. PHEW.
I do not think I could emotionally handle adopting a little girl from China now. I really wish I could. Really. But I am glad Ruby is in my life... even in a small way.


1 Comments:
At 6:05 PM,
Anonymous said…
Hi!I suck at MSN stuff, so I will keep coming here and MH, etc. for my JL fix.
Regarding Ruby...what a sweet and sad story. I personally think you'd be able to handle an adopted child, with issues and all. Whatever she would have with you, would be a million times better than the alternative.
Post a Comment
<< Home