JL's World: The Santa Train

Saturday, December 10, 2005

The Santa Train

This morning we all went on a 'Santa Train.' My DH planned back in August, that we would do this very special event. Since B is literally obsessed with trains, it was the perfect Christmas event. So we told B all about it last night. We even told him he would sit on Santa's lap and tell him what he wanted for Christmas - like Thomas! Well, B is a kid who really rises to the occasion! We rode the first leg of the train ride - B was so excited, even with his very runny nose, I swear I almost cried. We got to the train depot and waited to see Santa. Since B can usually be very shy, I decided to see how he was. We walked up to Santa - B seemed fine. I sat B on Santa's lap - B started right out talking to him. He said, "Hello Santa, I want Thomas stuff for Christmas Please!" DH and I cracked up! See pic above - he is even talking with his hands! Then pic below - I got him to look at me!. It was so great!
Then we had cookies and cocoa and walked all around the train museum grounds. Below B is saying "All aboard!"
And we were able to convince one of the other moms to take a family photo on a big yellow train.
We rode back - B was still in great spirits.. drove the 45 minutes home. And I just put B down for a nap. I am sure I know what he is dreaming about right now :)
Thank you so much DH for a special day!

3 Comments:

  • At 8:49 PM, Blogger mrsf1231 said…

    sounds like so much fun! B looks like he was having a great conversation with Santa! too cute

     
  • At 8:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am glad you had a great time. Most of the locals here mention that they did the Santa Train once, and never again.
    We will probably do it next year, when R can really appreciate it.

     
  • At 10:04 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    That sounds like so much fun! I love the picture of him talking to Santa. He is so into it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home