This is Yoga Week
It really is feeling like a 'yoga week' for me this week.
I started off the week - on new year's day - taking a class - as a student. It was at one of the best studios here in Seattle. The room was packed. Everyone out wanting to start the new year right I guess - myself included!
Then, Tuesday I was back to teaching at the gym. We got a week off between Christmas and New Year's - Seriously a week is a long time. I felt like I had been gone forever.
Last night's class was packed (everyone back in the groove). Lots of beginners. It was nice.
Today, I got to do a private session with a former client of mine. Pia is an incredible woman. She has lived strong through two rounds of leukemia! The second time, she came to Seattle for treatment... a stem cell transplant. That was a year ago Thanksgiving. I worked with her, in private sessions, throughout the whole ordeal. I am so inspired by Pia.. She is so strong and such a bright light in any room. She and her SO got married this year too. I am so happy for them. Anyways, she is back in Seattle (from NY) for a round of tests... to make sure all is okay.
I was able to meet with her this morning, and do a session. She has grown so much in her practice over the last year. I really miss working with her. Those sessions were such a gift to me.
Tonight, it is back to the gym.
Then tomorrow, I meet with Pia again. And Sunday I teach at the gym.
All I can say is, all this yoga better help me get rid of the three pounds I gained over the holidays. I guess I had a little too much fudge!
I started off the week - on new year's day - taking a class - as a student. It was at one of the best studios here in Seattle. The room was packed. Everyone out wanting to start the new year right I guess - myself included!
Then, Tuesday I was back to teaching at the gym. We got a week off between Christmas and New Year's - Seriously a week is a long time. I felt like I had been gone forever.
Last night's class was packed (everyone back in the groove). Lots of beginners. It was nice.
Today, I got to do a private session with a former client of mine. Pia is an incredible woman. She has lived strong through two rounds of leukemia! The second time, she came to Seattle for treatment... a stem cell transplant. That was a year ago Thanksgiving. I worked with her, in private sessions, throughout the whole ordeal. I am so inspired by Pia.. She is so strong and such a bright light in any room. She and her SO got married this year too. I am so happy for them. Anyways, she is back in Seattle (from NY) for a round of tests... to make sure all is okay.
I was able to meet with her this morning, and do a session. She has grown so much in her practice over the last year. I really miss working with her. Those sessions were such a gift to me.
Tonight, it is back to the gym.
Then tomorrow, I meet with Pia again. And Sunday I teach at the gym.
All I can say is, all this yoga better help me get rid of the three pounds I gained over the holidays. I guess I had a little too much fudge!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home