JL's World: Kerry

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Kerry

There are some girlfriends you know, were meant to be sisters = but ended up a best friend... it is God's little gift to you. Kerry is that - my sister, best friend. Kerry and I have been friends most of our lives. We met and hit it off at 13 years old. So that means we have been friends for 21 years. (sorry to give our age, kerry :))
Back when we first met, we were running on the cross-country team together. One of our first memorable moments - at running camp (ya ya I know) I crawled into her sleeping bag on the top bunk - cuddled in right next to her and burped in her face. She knew she loved me then, right Kerry?
Since then, we have had our ups and downs... like most sisters... but we have grown closer because of those times.
Through thick and thin we are together. We have often said we would be two old ladies, living in a house on cape cod - rocking in our rockers on the front porch together!
Kerry inspired me to become a yoga teacher. Inspired me to get a tattoo - and on my lower back - and what I chose to put there. Kerry saved me and told me off when I was so depressed I wouldn't eat after my first marriage ended. Kerry had a son almost exactly one year after me.
Kerry hated my first husband - why didn't I trust that???!!!!! Kerry constantly gives me advice and love when I need it most.
Last year, Kerry and her family came to Seattle to visit us - these are pictures from that trip. So fun and so silly! This year, Kerry bought B and I tickets to visit them in Boston. I cannot wait. What a gift... not only the trip, but you, Kerry. You are a gift to me every day.
I love you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home