JL's World: The Diamond

Friday, March 24, 2006

The Diamond

Life is hard. I know this... but let's just say I have been dealing with more lemons than usual lately.
G still has no job, the stress of money is reigning in our house.
I have been working so hard at my new job, and still trying to maintain life as normal when I am with B.
Yesterday was one of the best days I have had yet at work. I "signed' two new clients. Each woman paid close to $800 to train with me over the next three months. This is huge. The "ass" literally ran for me, picked me up and gave me the biggest hug ever. All the other trainers were in awe. I was feeling pretty good. Tired, but good. I headed home last night later than usual because I had so much paperwork to complete. I got home at 9:45pm.
B was awake - we were rushing to get into bed together. I finally turned off the light, and settled in to bed with my baby. My hand brushed across my wedding ring.
The center diamond was gone.
To say I lost it is an understatement. It is not the money. It really isn't. (although when I pulled out the paperwork to file a claim, I gasped at how much G spent). That ring is a symbol of our life, our love. Those of you who have read our love story know... this is a symbol of a whole new life for me. Of destiny. I know, it is ridiculous to feel this way about an inadement object. But there is no other inadement object I feel this way about - except this. and it was gone.
G ran upstairs thinking something was wrong with B. B is panicking because I was a wreck. I told G what happened. He was so upset thinking something happened to B - he was mad at me.
In my hysteria, I tried to explain what this ring means to me.
G said " JL it is insured, it is a 'thing' - we are okay."
I couldn't hear it. I am crying now just typing this.
G tried to talk me through the last time I saw the diamond... it was at the gym.
I called the gym, the night manager said they would look. But come on, I am not stupid. It is a carrot and a half of a clear stone, lost (MAYBE) in an entire gym. If it is even there. It could be in a parking lot, in my street... anywhere.
I was still hysterical. B was upset. G told me to go to the gym myself.
I got in the car... crying the whole way there. Praying. Yep, I know, ridiculous. It is a ring. but it was the straw that broke the camel's back in my mind. I am tapped - this is it.
I arrived at the gym, looking a wreck.
I saw one of the other trainers sitting at a tile counter, where we all do paperwork. He saw me and was instantly worried. I couldn't even speak.
As I turned to try to tell him why I was there... I saw a sparkle on the tile of the counter.
I lost my breath. I looked closer. It was my diamond. Sitting by itself in the center of the tile counter. No one had seen it at all. I picked it up, in shock I sat down. The trainer looked at me for an explaination. I started to tell him, the night manager came rushing downstairs. I said, "Rob, I found it. I found it"
He said, I was on my hands and knees looking through the whole gym since you called. I cannot believe you have found it.
I need to call my wife. I called her to tell her the story she is in a panic. I do not even know this woman. I cannot believe I found it.
I took the diamond home. I prayed the whole drive back. Thanking God.
I will not be wearing my Diamond ring to work at the gym anymore.

11 Comments:

  • At 2:33 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Oh JL, thank goodness you found it! What a story.

     
  • At 2:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OK, now I can resume breathing...
    what a night!

     
  • At 2:39 PM, Blogger Chris said…

    I am so glad you found it!

     
  • At 3:06 PM, Blogger Bek said…

    OMgosh! I am so glad you found it. I know what you mean about it being such an important symbol. The $$$ wouldn't have bothered me as much as the sentimental loss. God is watching out for you! :D

     
  • At 3:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was crying reading that. I am so happy that you found it.

     
  • At 9:00 PM, Blogger RagDoll said…

    That is incredibly awesome! Maybe it is a sign of something great coming up! I would be in hysterics. I know what you mean about it not being a money thing!

     
  • At 8:46 AM, Blogger TQ said…

    OMG!!!! I was in tears reading this. Mine is very important to me as well, it would not be the same to replace it. I am so glad you found it :)

     
  • At 9:36 AM, Blogger H said…

    I am so happy you found it!!! And it isn't a money thing I understand exactly what you mean!

     
  • At 6:23 PM, Blogger mrsf1231 said…

    omg jl...you have me all teary reading this. I am so glad you found it! amazing

     
  • At 8:45 AM, Blogger EarleneW said…

    Oh JL I am SO glad you found it. I would be so upset as well!

     
  • At 9:48 AM, Blogger Ninna said…

    I am so glad you found it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home