JL saves the day (kinda!)
Update:
I decided to go ahead and talk to the ASS. I figured I had nothing to loose... except my job that is.
Well, I sat down and took a lot of it on myself - that was my approach. I said I wanted to learn, but I do not want to be made to feel stupid.
He handled it great, and actually apologized. WOW I did not expect that....
Then as I was working, a woman who teaches a Total Body Conditioning class ( that is aerobics, step, weights) I have never even been a student in a class like that.... well, the teacher called 10 minutes before her class, she was in crisis. She asked if I could fill in. Um, OKAY!
It was funny, I told the class who I was, and I gave it my best shot. I did it for 20 minutes and the teacher came running in... phew!
The managers were impressed. Not necissarily with the class I taught, but that I was willing to do it. I think that helped give me a little credibility.
I have three personal training clients tonight... will let you know how it goes
I decided to go ahead and talk to the ASS. I figured I had nothing to loose... except my job that is.
Well, I sat down and took a lot of it on myself - that was my approach. I said I wanted to learn, but I do not want to be made to feel stupid.
He handled it great, and actually apologized. WOW I did not expect that....
Then as I was working, a woman who teaches a Total Body Conditioning class ( that is aerobics, step, weights) I have never even been a student in a class like that.... well, the teacher called 10 minutes before her class, she was in crisis. She asked if I could fill in. Um, OKAY!
It was funny, I told the class who I was, and I gave it my best shot. I did it for 20 minutes and the teacher came running in... phew!
The managers were impressed. Not necissarily with the class I taught, but that I was willing to do it. I think that helped give me a little credibility.
I have three personal training clients tonight... will let you know how it goes


3 Comments:
At 2:23 PM,
Karen said…
JL this is all great news. Good for you for stepping in to do the class. That is really gutsy. and I'm glad you talked to asswipe and that he apologized! YAY for you! Can't wait to hear how your personal training went.
At 2:30 PM,
Anonymous said…
you set a great example for the rest of us...you never know what gift you might receive when you step up (no punn intended) to genuinely help someone out of a sucky situation. we ought to all be more open to being uncomfortable sometimes; it is the trials and tribulations in life that make us stronger and more confident, yet humbled. good job, lady, love ya!
At 1:36 PM,
Anonymous said…
WTG girl! Not only in taking a stand with the boss, but also being flexible in an area where you have little experience.
Very cool...
Post a Comment
<< Home