The Joy of Potty Training
My son. So strong. Has a mind of his own. All good traits when directed properly. But in potty training a nightmare. G decided B is too old not to potty trained. On thursday I came home from work to a literal standoff between my 3 and a half year old son and 42 year old husband. B was literally naked. G was pissed off. B refused to poop on the potty. Our potty training has been non stop since then. It is now Tuesday. Yesterday B hada completely dry day. meaning he had no accidents in his underwear. But he did not poop either. He has been holding it. he usually goes about two days... and then poops in his pants. WIll not poop on the potty. this morning we are at over two days no pooping. Pee is going great... but please tell me I will laugh about this someday.
GRRRRRR
GRRRRRR


2 Comments:
At 8:14 AM,
Anonymous said…
Oh my!! Brings back bad memories! You WILL laugh about it all some day while you are telling how Ben was finally successful. Potty training was difficult for Matthew, too. Matty was training last fall while we were living in various hotels....with no washing machine! My car was full of plastic bags with very stinky underwear and pants inside. Anyway, we tried the sticker chart and m&m's incentive...both didn't work at all. Money talked! We paid Matt a quarter for every pee on the potty and a buck for every poop!! He trained pretty quickly then! We went to the store and he picked out a piggy bank to put his money in. He occasionally now, months later, will say (while I'm wiping him) "I get a dollar?" Anyway, I'm sure you are getting lots of advice from all of your mommy friends, but just wanted to share an idea from our "success story." Love, Karen
At 12:54 PM,
Karen said…
sorry my dear. I hope it gets better for you soon. HUGS.
Post a Comment
<< Home