My Yoga Story
so a reporter called me to write a story about how yoga changed my life. Here it is....
Yogalife Yoga Stories
By Christine Chen, Yogalife Student
Recently, her son, Ben, asked Santa for some Mala beads for Christmas. At that moment, Jenniferlyn Chiemingo, Yogalife instructor and student, said to herself, “I love my life. I made all the right decisions.”
This is just one of many yoga stories surrounding us at Yogalife.
“People don’t realize they have a choice. But they do,” Jenniferlyn told me recently. Several years ago, she and her husband were struggling to have a baby, and they just couldn’t conceive, no matter how hard they tried. The doctors said there was no reason for this, except that there must be a lot of stress in her life.
And it was true. For ten years, Jenniferlyn worked as a journalist, a Type-A overachiever who bulldozed people to get things done on deadline.
“My husband couldn’t call me at work. He told me I was terrible,” she said. “I was angry, could not sleep, had lock jaw, etc. My mom sent me to yoga for the meditation. I wasn’t sleeping. I wasn’t getting pregnant. I was miserable. I tried the meditation, and I found myself thinking – I’m so happy here. It fed my soul. And I thought, I have to change my life.”
“It’s work to change your life. You have to give up the ego and make choices that are better. It was yoga that helped me figure it out. I think I was better able to prioritize.”
About five years ago, Jenniferlyn enrolled in yoga teacher training and she and her husband moved away from her old job in the high-priced Bay Area to Seattle for his new job and a better quality of life. Almost immediately after these changes, Jenniferlyn found out she was pregnant.
“Everybody says how much your mind affects your body, but we have no idea. I took yoga teacher training while I was pregnant. It was the most amazing experience. Ben loved the chanting when he was in the womb.”
Now at age four, Ben has created his own yoga pose. Although there’s no official name for it, she and others at Yogalife call it “The Bumblebee”.
Endless stories of yoga’s impact flow through our yoga community each day. It’s our goal to share them with you here for a moment of inspiration.
Namaste.
Yogalife Yoga Stories
By Christine Chen, Yogalife Student
Recently, her son, Ben, asked Santa for some Mala beads for Christmas. At that moment, Jenniferlyn Chiemingo, Yogalife instructor and student, said to herself, “I love my life. I made all the right decisions.”
This is just one of many yoga stories surrounding us at Yogalife.
“People don’t realize they have a choice. But they do,” Jenniferlyn told me recently. Several years ago, she and her husband were struggling to have a baby, and they just couldn’t conceive, no matter how hard they tried. The doctors said there was no reason for this, except that there must be a lot of stress in her life.
And it was true. For ten years, Jenniferlyn worked as a journalist, a Type-A overachiever who bulldozed people to get things done on deadline.
“My husband couldn’t call me at work. He told me I was terrible,” she said. “I was angry, could not sleep, had lock jaw, etc. My mom sent me to yoga for the meditation. I wasn’t sleeping. I wasn’t getting pregnant. I was miserable. I tried the meditation, and I found myself thinking – I’m so happy here. It fed my soul. And I thought, I have to change my life.”
“It’s work to change your life. You have to give up the ego and make choices that are better. It was yoga that helped me figure it out. I think I was better able to prioritize.”
About five years ago, Jenniferlyn enrolled in yoga teacher training and she and her husband moved away from her old job in the high-priced Bay Area to Seattle for his new job and a better quality of life. Almost immediately after these changes, Jenniferlyn found out she was pregnant.
“Everybody says how much your mind affects your body, but we have no idea. I took yoga teacher training while I was pregnant. It was the most amazing experience. Ben loved the chanting when he was in the womb.”
Now at age four, Ben has created his own yoga pose. Although there’s no official name for it, she and others at Yogalife call it “The Bumblebee”.
Endless stories of yoga’s impact flow through our yoga community each day. It’s our goal to share them with you here for a moment of inspiration.
Namaste.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home