Well Read
When I was a little kid, I always wanted to seem 'smart.' The way to be that, I thought, was to be well-informed and well-read. So I decided to be a journalist because, let's face it, they seem like they know a lot! And I fell in love with my DH because, while being totally adorable, he is brilliant. I really think he is. He is informed and well-read, for sure. (he would kill me if he read this!)
So, even though I am not earning a living as a journalist anymore, I still want to seem smart. I hardly ever get to watch TV news (occupational hazard having a two year old). But I do read. I read a lot! At least a book a week - sometimes more. I love to read. I love to be able to talk about a book with a group of adults.
So I wanted to list here some of my favorite books and I want you to tell me yours.
Here are a few of mine:
1. The Kite Runner. (I read it a few months ago and I am still impacted by this book. It may very well, be the best book I have EVER read)
2. Girl with a Pearl Earring (a classic - but I just read it!)
3. Charlotte's Web (I know I know - but it is REALLY good)
4. Their Eyes were Watching God
5. The Saving Graces (A sappy women's book - I cry everytime I read it!)
6. Tales of the City (all of them!)
Right now I am reading a book many people are talking about, "A million little pieces." It is Dark and amazing... a hard read, just because of what it is about, but I can tell already really good.
Okay, your turn... tell me what books do you love.
So, even though I am not earning a living as a journalist anymore, I still want to seem smart. I hardly ever get to watch TV news (occupational hazard having a two year old). But I do read. I read a lot! At least a book a week - sometimes more. I love to read. I love to be able to talk about a book with a group of adults.
So I wanted to list here some of my favorite books and I want you to tell me yours.
Here are a few of mine:
1. The Kite Runner. (I read it a few months ago and I am still impacted by this book. It may very well, be the best book I have EVER read)
2. Girl with a Pearl Earring (a classic - but I just read it!)
3. Charlotte's Web (I know I know - but it is REALLY good)
4. Their Eyes were Watching God
5. The Saving Graces (A sappy women's book - I cry everytime I read it!)
6. Tales of the City (all of them!)
Right now I am reading a book many people are talking about, "A million little pieces." It is Dark and amazing... a hard read, just because of what it is about, but I can tell already really good.
Okay, your turn... tell me what books do you love.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home