JL's World: Fun Times

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Fun Times

Okay feeling much much better today (HA Karen!) - I do have a bit of the sniffles but no biggie at all. so much to say here... I will start. But wanted to warn you - no pics yet - possibly tomorrow!

Looking back at the weekend first -
Saturday morning I snuck out of bed with B at 4:30am - my DH snuck in... I got ready and headed for the airport. when I got to Cali - Steph was there and looking amazing, as usual. God I love her! We went right out for breakfast (Bagels and Coffee) and then SHOPPING. I have to say I normally like Anthropology okay - buy a thing here or there but this time I could have bought out the whole store... seriously. I bought some beautiful, embroidered jeans (on sale) and an amazing coat. But after we left I was having buyers remorce so I returned the coat - oh well. we shopped more - got lunch and headed back to Steph's house to get ready for her neice's first bday party.
It was great to see Steph's whole family again... I really miss them. And I swear I am such a sap - whenever I sing happy birthday to a kid - I get all misty and teary... Steph's sister handled it better than me! but it was really a great party.
Then we went back to Steph's to get ready for a big night out on the town - on the way there I called B and my DH. B was bawling. I guess he'd just woken up from his nap and realized I was still not there. It was horrible listening to him. I cried. But my DH assured me all would be well. And 10 minutes later they called back and B was fine. We sang a couple songs together told each other we loved each other and he was fine - PHEW!
Steph and I had just enough time to get ready and head out to "town hall" in the city. We met another one of my best friends - Mike (half of matt and mike) and steph's other good friend Diane. Gosh she is beautiful AND sweet. I really liked meeting her. We had an amazing meal - topped with a dessert with a candle on it for Steph. it was great. Great conversation, great meal, great wine. Mike was so generous and surprised us all by secretly picking up the tab. WOW.
it was midnight by the time we were done dinner but that didn't stop us. Diane, STeph and I headed out to the bars. I was DD so Steph could have a great time for her Bday. Plus, let's face it , it is a treat just to drive her BMW!
We went to Harry's - wow it was packed - people were wasted, and singing fun 80's tunes. a great time. We hit two more bars,,, neither as exciting, but still fun. we got back to the car - drove Diane home and headed home. I had Steph open her present - she loved it... and we got to bed at 3am. That was almost 24 hours straight for me.
Sunday Steph and I went to breakfast and then were able to visit with other great friends of mine - Dean and Karen - and their sweet little two year old. We had a nice time just sitting and talking to them. Nice to catch up. Far too short of a visit - but I was glad I got to see them. We left - did a little more shopping and I got to the airport in time to take a flight one hour earlier than planned.
It was an amazing time.. pictures to come.

Today at preschool - B was great! He is really starting to love it there... and I love that!
His speech is getting great too. Our Speech therapist ran a test on him a couple weeks ago and told me monday that a normal score is between 85-115. B scored 100. YAY. He is in normal range. He will still be tested by the school department. But I think we are done with speech therapy in January - I am so excited!

That's everything... thanks for reading!

3 Comments:

  • At 6:11 PM, Blogger mrsf1231 said…

    sounds like a really fun time. its great to be able to catch up with old friends...and it seems like you never were apart.

    I say go back and get the coat...and link to it! ha

     
  • At 9:42 PM, Blogger Karen said…

    where are the pictures??????

    sounds like you had a great time. I am glad.

     
  • At 10:26 AM, Blogger Ashleigh said…

    Glad you had a good time! I can't wait to see pics!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home