City Livin'


I love the city. I always have. I was convinced I would end up living in Manhattan - (course I never did). But I love the city. There is so much to offer. I have lived in Boston, San Francisco, and now Seattle.
Today was a perfect example of why I love living in the city with a baby...
It was a typical cloudy, stormy day here in Seattle and I thought - why don't we go to the aquarium? It is 15 minutes away! And each year for Mother's day, my DH gets us all a membership to the zoo (I can walk to that!) and teh aquarium.
They are doing construction at the aquarium here, so it will be even better. But it is just fun to walk through with B. They have the tide pools you can put your hands in and they have fun fish and birds all around. Above - B is looking into a tank of Jelly Fish. So Fun. and on the right is just a cool fish we saw.
Also, right near the aquarium is the famous Pike's Place market, ya know, where they throw the fish? Well, there is a place at the end of the market that makes homemade mini donuts. I have made it a tradition that when B and I go to the market we get these. Today, after a walk through the aquarium, I said "B, wanna go to the market?" he said. "Yes, DONUTS!" I mean, so cute!
so off we went - 5 minutes away to enjoy the market and donuts. When we got to the donut place, B was just smiling and waiting. I noticed a little old lady - watching us. When we got our hot donuts and B said "Donuts mommy!" with a huge smile. The old lady said, "Goodness your son is so sweet, I hope you know that!" I said "thank you, I do actually." and walked away.
Gosh, I love the city!....


2 Comments:
At 11:48 PM,
Bek said…
Awwww....that sounds like such a nice day. How fun!
At 12:38 PM,
Anonymous said…
I used to live on those doughnuts when we worked downtown. The powdered ones...mmmmm....
I saw a DVD yesterday with your friend Kendall on it. I liked her hightlights. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home