JL's World: Playdates and Passion

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Playdates and Passion

This morning B and I were invited for a playdate. The mom who asked us was a former prenatal yoga student of mine. She has two children - a little girl almost a year older than B and a baby boy who is one year. I don't know her that well, and B doesn't know them at all.
B was shy starting out.. then warmed up a bit. The little girl was so sweet and very very outgoing. B takes more time than that to warm up, ya know? Anyways, for me the conversation was that ackward new friendship kind... and well after almost an hour and a half, I was nearly ready to go. Then B wanted to do something that the little girl was doing - and B decided he would scream in her face. Oops. To me, this seems normal for B - he is shy, tempermental and well, is in a stage where if he doesn't get what he wants - he screams. NICE. Friends understand this... but this mom gave B and I a look like "Um, what the heck?" Oh well... we left and B has been a joy the rest of the day.
Last night's yoga class was PACKED again. I am so so excited about this. I feel like after 2 and a half years I finally have a following. It makes me feel so great! and best of all the group fitness coordinator noticed and congratulated me :)
Tonight I am going to a Passion Party. And just in time too - my DH and I have a date on saturday... YEE HAA! The party should actually be really funny.
Oh yeah, crazy day today... my closest, bestest coop mom friend dropped out of coop preschool today. I am really bummed. But I know I will see her still.. just sad not to share this with her.
That's a wrap - all the latest... talk again soon - peace out

2 Comments:

  • At 2:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 6:10 AM, Blogger Bek said…

    I hope your Passion party was fun. The one I went to was a kick. Congrats on your yoga following! That is so awesome! It's always something I've wanted to try - but never got there.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home