JL's World: I am going to run a marathon!

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

I am going to run a marathon!

So I have already picked my new year's resolution.... I am running a marathon.
I already registered. The Mayor's Midnight Sun Marathon in Anchorage, Alaska.
June 23rd, 2007. I have six months. I know I can do it.
I started training on Christmas Eve with my mom. She is doing it too.
We ran (and walked) three miles... a start. I could have done the whole thing running, but
mom is starting out a little slower than me :)
I bought a training manual and runners log... I am on my way.
Now that I have told everyone.... I have to do it.
See you at the finish line on 6/23! :)

2 Comments:

  • At 12:50 PM, Blogger mrsf1231 said…

    Good for you JL! I am doing a sprint triathlon with R on July 22~
    We can keep each other motivated to train. Although my training wont officially start until the end of this month when night classes are done.

    Good Luck!

     
  • At 5:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That is great! My cousin is running her first next month, in Arizona! She has a schedule where she runs five, and walks two.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home