JL's World: New Job, getting close to Marathon Day

Monday, May 14, 2007

New Job, getting close to Marathon Day

So I started the new job at Rain Fitness. It is a somewhat superficial business, and many people hire a trainer based on sex. There are actually a LOT of female trainers on this staff. None of them are very fond of me. It was rough my first day. But oh well. I went back yesterday... I have two sessions booked for today and three for thursday. So I hope I will just get busy and keep my head down and do my job.

Just six weeks until the Marathon in Alaska. I am starting to pay the price. My legs just hurt. I think I have a minor injury from muscle imbalance, and the truth is, I would never know I had this unless I was running more than ten miles at a time. On Saturday I am running 18 miles!!! I will work up to 20 miles at one time and then taper. I guess the idea is, if you can make 2o miles, you can make 26.2. I am not convinced... we will see :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home