JL's World: The Road to a Marathon

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

The Road to a Marathon

So on monday I ran 8.5 miles in the pouring, driving rain. It was crazy! I was actually shivering. But I am glad I did it. It was a 'tough it out' moment and I feel like I passed! I will be running 10.5 miles this monday... the most I have ever done at one time - in my whole life!

I treated myself to a fun gadget. It is a pedometer that attaches to my shoe and has a sensor for my ipod nano. I calibrated it... and now it has a little voice that comes on during my workout to tell me how far i have run and how many calories I have burned. All the info is stored on my nano and then on their website... it is pretty awesome.
I have now convinced about three people to get it too.. it was only $29. Now that is a bargin.

In a week, the whole fam and I are heading to Sonoma... on Matt and Mike. I cannot wait to sit in their hottub and drink some fine wine... oh yeah and eat some amazing food. I am even going to save a training run for the beautiful rolling hills of wine country.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Enjoy Sonoma! I am proud of you and your training efforts.

     
  • At 2:00 PM, Blogger Bek said…

    I am so proud of you!!! You are amazing. You should be so proud of yourself.

    Hey - do you have time for a cup of coffee or something while you're here? We'd LOVE to see you - even if it's quick!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home