Training for a marathon
it is hard work! First of all, finding the time to do all the running. Second of all, running is hard. Can I just say that???!!!! Running is hard!!!! At least for this 35 year old body. I feel really good though. My weight is good, I have super low blood pressure, my heart rate is low, I feel really really good. I also have had the healthiest winter I have had in years. I think my immune system is pretty good too.
I lifted weights for my legs last night, and running just three miles was brutal today! UGH. My long run so far is 6 miles. I have done that four times. My best time is 50:20. I have to run seven miles on monday. 26.2 miles is going to be amazing. But most of all I think it is a mental game. I need to be strong mentally to get through it.
other news:
Matt and mike bought us plane tickets to have a wine weekend in napa with them in MArch. I cannot wait. Then, G bought plane tickets yesterday for our big family vacation... alaska in june for my marathon, then straight to Hawaii for our rest and relaxation. It will be awesome.
anyways. that is the big news now. Miss you all!
I lifted weights for my legs last night, and running just three miles was brutal today! UGH. My long run so far is 6 miles. I have done that four times. My best time is 50:20. I have to run seven miles on monday. 26.2 miles is going to be amazing. But most of all I think it is a mental game. I need to be strong mentally to get through it.
other news:
Matt and mike bought us plane tickets to have a wine weekend in napa with them in MArch. I cannot wait. Then, G bought plane tickets yesterday for our big family vacation... alaska in june for my marathon, then straight to Hawaii for our rest and relaxation. It will be awesome.
anyways. that is the big news now. Miss you all!


1 Comments:
At 6:36 PM,
Bek said…
Oooh! Do we get to see you guys in March too! I hope so! Even if just for a cup of coffee or something. You ROCK doing this marathon! That is so neat! I'm proud of you!
Post a Comment
<< Home