a mess
Goodness I am a mess. Four days now a mess.
I am really down. I have a bunch of reasons to be down, but still.
My legs and back are really bad. I tried to run a 6 mile loop yesterday. I had to stop at two miles and walk back.
I am going to a chiropractor in an hour, I hope to be fixed up enough to attempt the marathon in two weeks. I cannot believe I have trained for six months and it has come down to this.
I have never trained this hard or this long for an athletic event and not been able to follow through. I said that to a friend and my friend said, " JL, maybe your training was more than just for the race. Maybe you needed to find out a few things about yourself." That made me cry. I really think that may be true. But I still want to do the race. Say a prayer for me that I will be able to do it, okay?
I am really down. I have a bunch of reasons to be down, but still.
My legs and back are really bad. I tried to run a 6 mile loop yesterday. I had to stop at two miles and walk back.
I am going to a chiropractor in an hour, I hope to be fixed up enough to attempt the marathon in two weeks. I cannot believe I have trained for six months and it has come down to this.
I have never trained this hard or this long for an athletic event and not been able to follow through. I said that to a friend and my friend said, " JL, maybe your training was more than just for the race. Maybe you needed to find out a few things about yourself." That made me cry. I really think that may be true. But I still want to do the race. Say a prayer for me that I will be able to do it, okay?


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home