It's the little things....

The weekends are such a fun time of family and bonding in our house. I feel so lucky to have my Dh and B. They are my world. Saturday, I brought B in for a flu shot... and after I took him out for a treat - a donut and a trip to the Locks. We saw boats, fish and a train! It was nice just to spend time with B. I know I do that everyday... but somehow it is different on the weekends. When we got back - we just hung out with my DH. Then during nap, a long nap, I got to read and relax and DH did the same. Last night, we all just talked and played... we all put on puppets and talked. Then we played on the bed and made a tent (see pic). B was having a great time with both his mommy and daddy - just thinking about it makes me teary! I know, sappy, but I love the little family moments. That is life right there!
Today I made a big breakfast - pancakes- and we all hung out together and talked. Then I taught a fun yoga class... challenging, but fun! and I came home and B and DH were gone. They came back after I got in a shower... They had gone out to a park and played together. They even saw Lance Armstrong! I guess Sheryl Crow is in town... it was so sweet to see them come in from the cold! I made B a quick lunch - read him books put him down for a nap. Then snuck out (while DH was home) to see the movie "In Her Shoes." I loved the book and you know what? I loved the movie too. I saw it with one of my dearest friends, Erica - who bought me the book last Christmas! It was awesome.
I came home - B was still sleeping! 3.5 hours! He woke when he heard me - DH made a huge, rich, yummy dinner and here we are... what a weekend! AHHHHH!!!! Do I really have to return to that stress of last week? oh well.!


4 Comments:
At 9:10 AM,
Karen said…
sounds great JL! I'm so glad you had a good weekend.
At 7:30 PM,
Anonymous said…
Great shot!!
Nice talking to you today. Have you read any Jeanne Ray books? I think you would like her...
At 9:37 AM,
Ashleigh said…
Sounds like a great weekend!
At 10:38 AM,
Anonymous said…
Sounds like a great weekend. I love the quiet times, too.
Post a Comment
<< Home